}

Thursday 13 January 2011

Still Stitching

The butterfly idea is growing, I have added some leaves and have oodles of teeny tiny leaf shaped cut outs to add. I have also learned a couple of new embroidery stitches. The leaf shows coral stitch, though I reinforced it with a bohkara stitch to keep it sturdy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have also been trying woven circles, my cloth is turning into a bit of a sampler, but that's ok.

Photobucket

Photobucket

An embroidery from the bottom of the bag has also been calling to me, a few more stitches and this will complete. I am not sure what I will do with it, perhaps a cushion or quilt block for Boo.

Photobucket

The house is littered with little snippets of thread which the vacuum stubbornly refuses to pick upp, still, at least it is sparkling and rainbow thread....

Photobucket

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I lived close, so you could show me how to embroider all these cool stitches! I have never even heard of them! I am going to get out that awesome book you sent me and start practicing again. I would like to embroider some of the swap projects I've got going. I just adore the little birthday party embroidery! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there... nance here... we are in jude's class together! thanks for following my blog... i am looking forward to knowing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that embroidery - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do such exquisite stitching my friend. So pleased you are enjoying Jude's class. I smiled at your first go at cloth weaving - I used lots of bright colors in my first one too! And your butterfly is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh that is a stash for stitching !!!
    (By the way don't you love crochet? attic 24 (typepad) would be something colourful for you ;-)...)
    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such joy over here...I love your blog. xox Your work inspires me. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there Tallulah....I'm back home again so thought I would drop over to say hi and see what you've been up to. Loove the embroidery, that stitching on the leaf looks gorgeous!
    I'm in catch up mode with the class after being away for nearly three weeks. Really enjoying seeing what everyone is up to and hope to get the chance to weave a little over the weekend.
    Hope the weather isnt too gloomy over your side of the world (just get out some of that spark-a-larkly thread and thats sure to brighten things up).
    We are having lots of floods here at the moment. This morning all the roads around us were flooded and the main highway into Melbourne was closed in two places. Unheard of before! What strange seasons we are having.
    Take care and look forward to seeing what you are 'playing' with at the moment.

    Sending a cherry red hug!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete