}

Monday 7 February 2011

Catching Up

Gosh, has it really been three weeks? What can I say - work has been crazy, 4 kids and two parents in full time employment makes for much mayhem, it is a real juggling act. Whilst I have found time here and there to stitch, I have struggled to find the time to photograph my work and post it here (the dark evenings do not help!), alas, I am back for now, and will be posting a few updates over the next few days.

Anyhooo, I am feeling much better, MUCH better, and before I prattle on too much about this and that and my stitchery, I simply must show you this....

Photobucket

This is the Peace Angel Cloth, stitched completely by hand by my very dear friend Jacky, in Australia. I have been following her progress on this cloth for some weeks via her blog, and then lo and behold, it landed on my doorstep, courtesy of Mr Postman.
To say I was surprised would be somewhat of an understatement, words cannot even begin to explain how honoured I am to own this beautiful piece of art, and the gratitude I feel for the generosity and kindness that Jacky has shown in sending it to me, what a sweet treat she is, and oh what a lucky girl I am.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I simply cannot stop staring at it! It is incredibly tactile, every tiny stitch is absolutley awe inspiring, it is so very, very precious to me, I will treasure it always. It now has pride of place above the mantel in our living room, which has until now, remained very forlorn and bare. The Peace Angel cloth was just what the doctor ordered for this rather sparse spot in the house.

Jacky also included this beautiful hand dyed embroidery thread, the colours make my mouth water, it is so eye poppingly yum I just want to lick it.

Photobucket

I have stitched with it a little already, on a secret project which I shall reveal shortly! (oh I do love a good secret!). Thank you Jacky, you really made my day and put a much needed smile on the faces of this family of 6! <3 My woven cloth is really taking shape, progress is slow but progress is progress and I am pleased with how it is coming along. Jude's workshops are incredibly inspiring, though if I am honest, I do feel somewhat overhwhelmed to be in the presence of such an extraordinary talented group of artists, I have very much been a lurker, watching, listening, learning....

Photobucket

This cloth is taking on a life of it's own and it's story is unfolding in my minds eye one stitch at a time. I have added curly branches and some more leaves....

Photobucket

One wee nibbled leaf...

Photobucket

What have you been creating lately?

8 comments:

  1. Your story cloth is looking luscious. I've lurked on Jude's blog for a long time, in awe of her talent and the talent of others like her! It looks like you are doing a grand job.

    And that angel peace cloth is absolutely beautiful. Off to look at Jacky's blog now.

    Glad you are back posting. Look forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, what a beautiful present from Jacky! I am blown away by how pretty it is! I bet it looks great hung up.

    I can tell your cloth is taking shape. Your stitching is so life like. Oh, how I aspire to do that!!! Can NOT wait to see more.
    Big hugs,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tallulah, you are fortunate indeed to have the lovely piece by Jacky. I have admired her work ever since she started blogging.

    It's nice to see snippets of the cloth you are working on and look forward to seeing it completed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....how creative is your friend!!! I can't even begin to think how long that would take me to do....love it! Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too kind Tallulah...thank you for those kind words and I am so happy that the Peace Angel has found such a beautiful family. I knew while I was stitching her that she had to live with you and your family.
    Looking forward to seeing what you are doing with the threads. I just love that ladies variegated threads, so different to anything else I have seen on the market and I do looooove colour.
    Those curly branches on your cloth look wonderful. Due to family commitments I am trailing along in Jude's class too, but really enjoying seeing what everyone is making. I will plod along steadily. I do love her classes.

    Take care and happy stitching.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I knew I had seen that piece somewhere before, it is lovely and you are so lucky to have it.
    I too am trailing behind in Jude's class, it seems to take me so long and others get there so quickly, looking after the little 2 year old great grandson I am finding rather more tiring than when I did the last grand child 10 or so years ago.
    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is such a beautiful work of art. The details are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello H.T. !
    your trees are more than thrilling!
    all those patterns and colors . . .
    LOVE THOSE TREES!

    ReplyDelete