}

Saturday 16 April 2011

Music to My Ears

I have been working on my Crafty To Do list and trying to cross off those UFO's.
This little embroidery has been kicking around for almost FOUR years, but now it is complete!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The pattern is from a Japanese sewing magazine, I picked out my own vibrant colours. I have no idea what I will use this for, am thinking a cushion for Boo or Bear.

The cows have returned to the farm at River Cottage for spring and summer. I rather hoped to get some nice close up shots of them, as there are many a wee calf and they are so sweet, trotting to and fro and chasing birdies, quite playful. Alas, they were over the other side of the field today, but I will try again tomorrow.

Photobucket

I leave you with a few shots of the spring landscape around River Cottage and some prettyfull flowers that are in bloom in our garden, including the apple blossom, finally!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A very merry weekend to you!

* Vintage Scrap Quilt
* OMG WTF Banner
* Woven Cloth
* Toiletry bags for Amber and Hazel (started in 2008)
* Christmas Tree Fairy (started in 2008)
* Patchwork Curtain Tie Backs
* Secret project for a special friend 1
* Secret Project for a special friend 2
* Secret project for a special friend 3
* 4 cushion/pillow covers (deadline mid May)
* Elephant bag from Wee Wonderfuls book
* Embroidery (started in 2008)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful embroidery! My UFO list is much longer, you are doing very well. But then again maybe by the time you get to my age yours would be longer. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is so sweet! What beautiful embroidery you do! It would be pretty framed and hung on one of the little one's wall!
    I am also loving that apple blossom tree! Things are starting to get pretty!
    Alrighty....one down and only 11 to go.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tallulah, those blossoms are just beautiful! Spring in the UK must be wonderful...so lush and colourful.
    Your stitchery is so bright and cheery and I love the idea of a cushion. Nice to have one crossed off the list!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet embroidery! Congratulations on making progress on your To Dos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your stitching is so neat. I think this will make a fab cushion. I could see it with a really bright coloured cotton border. Perhaps you'll find some in the fabric you 'won' last week :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe Monda, I think you are quite right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you fit everything in with working full time and looking after a family (you are amazing xx). The embroidery is so darling - love, love the color threads you used.
    Your Spring pics are lovely too.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your embroidery. I'd like to learn how to do those kind of crafts. :)

    Stopping by for the Follow My Blogger Blog #2 - I'm tiger1i1y. :)

    ReplyDelete