}

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Lovely people

Lovely lovely blog friends, you are so sweet, thank you so for your supportive words and good wishes! It certainly lifted my spirits to know there are so many kind souls in this big world holding me in their thoughts right now.

The whole burglary debacle was quite horrible, finding ones entire life's belongings (or at least what is left of them) tipped on the floor is quite a sight, and not one I wish to remember. It took four days to pick up the pieces.
That said, it was lovely to return to France and visit some very dear friends. We ate, we laughed, they cheered me very much and rallied round en masse to help list all the missing items and deal with the Gendarme.
I drank rather a lot of homemade Sloe Gin and rather too much Eau de vie, the rip your head off after one sip kind of apperatif that I generally avoid, but as they say, when in Rome.... or France, as it were.

So, I returned to England with my heart a lot less heavy and with a good deal of our family treasures (thankfully not treasure in the eyes of nasty burglars).
After a tiring 16 hour journey, I arrived back home to find the most prettyfull parcel of loveliness to greet me, all the way from Australia no less.

Photobucket

These treats are from my very sweet friend Dot, what perfect timing Miss Dot, you are such a peach!
I am bowled over by her darling collage birdie, which I have adopted as a kind of good luck charm and have thus been carrying to and fro from home to office each day. Oh yes, this little birdie is so far very well travelled, never mind that it has come all the way from sunny Aus, it now looks over me as I set about my daily tasks. Whilst I sleep, it sits soundly in the dining room waiting for my little family to troop down to breakfast, where it greets us with all it's vibrant, twinkly cheer! I do love this birdie so, Thank you SO much Dot!

Miss Dot also included a delicious stash of colourful fabrics, a postcard featuring one of her collages and oh my, that trim, I am so in love with the leafy trim, I have a thing about leaves at the moment....

Photobucket

This is the third oh so sweet, and all together kind, gift I have received from lovely blog friends, in as many months. I am so moved by the kindness this community has shown me, you all rock so hard!
Alas, my crafty little hands have been working overtime to prepare wee treats to send out, seeking little treasures here and there, stashing them away until the packages of pretty things are just so.

I have also been sneaking a few minutes each day to stitch my woven cloth, progress is slow on account of sheer lack of any real time to dedicate to this project right now, but those few minutes each evening feel so good, so indulgent and very satisfying.

The wee caterpillar has appeared in his rightful place.....

Photobucket

and the prettyfull butterfly has been dancing amongst some newly added flowers (some not yet stitched down), as butterflies do...

Photobucket

I do love the colours in this cloth, I love the story, I love everything it means to me right now, a journey of sorts, and a jolly nice one at that.
Big love to you all, and thank you again for being such perfectly awesome and wonderful blog friends! <3

3 comments:

  1. I jumped for joy when I saw that you updated your blog! I am so happy that you have returned and are in good spirits. I've been thinking about you guys!
    I love the little birdie that Dot sent you. She is a jewel and very talented. And, I'm digging the way your cloth is turning out. I love the colorful flowers and the caterpillar is just precious! The story line is perfect for you too. Keep up the jolly good work! (isn't that what you Brits say?) ;)
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie...lovely to see a post from you and to hear you are back safe and sound from France. Am glad you caught up with friends and were able to salvage some of your precious belongings. And that your heart is less heavy too.
    Your cloth is turning out beautifully and I enjoy looking at the special details. And (as always) the colors and fabrics you use sing to my heart!
    So, so happy you are enjoying the birdie I sent to you and she is winging her way with you (she likes to travel he hee).
    I smiled when I sent you the leaf ribbon - had bought it for you before seeing the silver one you have been using. Look forward to seeing what you do with the orange and green..
    You are such a gorgeous soul - it is no wonder people want to reach out to you. Lovely, loving woman you are!
    Thanks for your 2 recent emails - I love hearing from you and will reply this weekend.
    Sending much love to you and your family.
    Am very thankful to have you in my life.
    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to see you posting again, have been thinking of you. Dot's birdy is gorgeous and your cloth is looking wonderful - all that colour!

    ReplyDelete