}

Sunday 9 September 2012

Hazel's Budget Bedroom Makeover

At last, I have taken some photo's of the Hoozel's bedroom makeover.

Hazel was very clear about what she wanted, Cath Kidston prints, vintage inspired decorations, lots of handmade goodness... my budget couldn't stretch to the former, but I did have some Cath inspired curtains, which we dolled up with some polka dot tie backs, hung high like the bow on a little girl's dress.

The floors were painted white, quite hastily I might add, add's to the rustic charm?

The sewing machine has hardly been out of action, I made most all of the cushions, the bunting, the lampshade, the polka dot pen pot, the drawstring bags, all in pretty fabrics from my stash, chosen by Hazel.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Ikea malm chest had it's drawers covered with pretty fabric's, and the wardrobe was a lucky find on ebay.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I picked up a plain drum lampshade at a carboot sale, and covered it in patchwork squares and hung beaded dangles all the way around, before attaching a poom pom trim. All the beads are glass and each dangle is different, it took a long time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Hoozel is most delighted with her new space!

11 comments:

  1. oh it's lovely!!!! Now come and do my room like that...pretty please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tallulah this looks lovely....what a great Mum you are! Hazel must be so happy! What a special, special room.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you come and makeover my bedroom please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my oh my - this little post has bought tears to both eyes - how touching and lovely the room is. What a creative mummy she has. I luuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvveeee that embroidery and think that the poster is wonderous.
    Lovely indeedee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would have been my dreeeeaaaaaam room when I was a kid -- lucky, lucky Hazel! You have done an absolutely amazing job -- and obviously mama and daughter alike have impeccable taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a joy-filled room! we made a similar idea lamp last Christmas- using beads and shrinky dinks

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, all that work! She must be so pleased. That poster is a wonderful thing to have on a kids' wall and the little stencil too - love it all x

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing! i love every single little detail. so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the most charming girls room! I would adore to live in a bedroom like this if I were a little girl again. It is so bright and cheery and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so lovely!! how did you put the fabric on the drawers? i have to do this!

    ReplyDelete