}

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Knitting for Gretel

The Hoola household has a new family member, whom is already the proud wearer of many a Mama knitted sweater.

Photobucket

This is Gretel, an 8 week old Chihuahua X Jack Russell terrier, finally a new friendly for Mr Pip (he has been lonely since we lost Nala this summer).

Photobucket

Mr Pip does love her so. Gretel spends most of her day trying to chew off his face and he really is so gentle with her.

Photobucket

Weighing just 465g (thats less than a bag of sugar!), the vet said she is the smallest puppy she has ever seen. This is wonderful news, because a sweater for a puppy this size takes just a couple of hours to slide off the needles.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Needless to say, Little Gretel is not short of cuddles. Bear is somewhat wary of her puppy sharp teeth, and enters a room with great trepidation, all the while growling in his gruff little Bear voice "Don't bite me Gwetel!", otherwise, she has been very well received. No less by myself, I tuck her into my own sweater and carry her around with me all day like a mama kangaroo, much to the amusement of passing strangers (of which thankfully there are not many in these parts).

I feel like I have barely paused to breath since leaving France, so I am taking leave from work for an indefinite amount of time, need to recharge the batteries a little. It has been almost 4 years since I had a decent break, and in that time I have had 2 babies!

Although I am not sure break is the right word. I am not good at being idle, and already have a list as long as my arm of things (mostly crafty!) I must do, Christmas making, yes! Also decor, quite a lot of that!

I will be catching up with comments, emails and your own sweet wee bloglings soon, and of course the thread swap foolery, temporarily delayed but soon will be on track, so do sign up if you have not already! (link is on the right).

A merry day to you all <3

7 comments:

  1. Oh this so reminds me of my own JRT seven years ago! Tess has a brown spot around her eye and one brown ear. You will have a lot of fun with Gretel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! She is such a cutie.
    Hope you enjoy your break xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE !!!!!!!!
    (all of them !)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Tallulah...I'm in love with your little Gretel (Gwetel...how cute). And her little jumper...so cute!!!!
    Glad you are taking a break, and a crafty break at that. Sounds like you need it, you've been working very hard.
    Will email soon.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. just toooooooo cute!! and thats the second puppy in a jumper I've seen this week!!! My friend bought hers into the nursery to show the kids..I've hot a lovely pic of him too (he's not as dinky as your lovely little pup!) If they stayed that small and cute I could well be lured into getting a pet! I've been using your fabulous sewing case a lot lately...so thankyou again! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretel is adorable. And so small! And she looks edible in that cute pink knitted sweater. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED to see more puppy photos! Gretel is the sweetest little thing in those sweaters :D

    ReplyDelete